With the ability to mask any stains and hide any blemishes, not to mention the ability to jazz up any room and add a dash of sophistication, wedding chair covers and table decor are two finishing touches that every couple should consider. This article focusses on wedding chairs and wedding tables and highlights some great ways to enhance their appearance on your big day.
Stained table-cloths and shabby chairs are not what anyone wants to see on such a special occassion. And, whilst the vast majority of wedding reception venues will share this viewpoint with you, there will be the odd one here and there that let's standards slip. With this in mind, it's best not to blindly assume all will look good, but instead ask to see the venue when it’s set up for a wedding and judge for yourselves. Unless it looks anywhere close to perfection, then you should strongly consider investing in your own wedding chairs, chair covers and decor for the wedding tables.
Chairs, Chair Covers & Tablecloths
Aside from avoiding the need to use poor versions supplied by your wedding venue, drafting in your own wedding chairs, chair covers and table decor is a great way to stamp your own mark on proceedings.
If you have a particular theme or colour scheme in mind for your wedding, then it is often the small details that make the big difference. For example, if your colour scheme is burgundy and green, then why not draft in a set of tablecloths, chairs or chair covers to match rather than using the venue-provided ones? Likewise, if you are holding a romantic-affair, then luxurious chair covers with organza sashes can help create a much dreamier ambience than anything your venue could provide.
Guest tables adorned in beautiful linen, accompanied by stunning chair covers and ornate crockery and cutlery and complemented with a stunning centrepiece, hand-made menu and elaborate favours can often be sufficient. However, for those of you who want to go that step further, why not accessorise the tables a little more?
Confetti is available in a wide range of styles and colours you are sure to be able to get something to suit your day - sprinkled around the table this can really add a sparkle and touch of glamour to any table. As well as confetti, you could also plump for the good old favourite party poppers, or for a little more class, why not scatter ice-breakers around. Bespoke table numbers and streamers are other options but whatever you plump for, just make sure that you don’t ‘clutter’ the tables - less is very often more, particularly for a sophisticated affair where minimalism is key.
A Word on Price
Typically, you can expect to spend a few hundred pounds to hire good quality products for the day, or even more if you want to buy your own, although the latter is very rare. When you consider that you will probably already be provided with half-decent chairs and tables, can you really afford to spend three figures on more? Perhaps. And this is where you really need to think about your priorities for the day. If you have just a couple of hundred pounds left in your pot but still need an outfit for the Groom, then to be honest, the venue provided items will more than do. However, if you’ve got a bit of cash spare, then you could do a lot worse than ‘decorating’ the venue with your own wedding chairs and table decor.
Wedding Chair & Table Tips
If you do this and decide that you want to put some of your budget aside for your own wedding chair covers and wedding table decor, then here are some suggestions and things to think about before you get stuck in:
- Rather than investing in plain linen, instead why not opt for patterned designs? Floral, tartan and seasonal designs are quite popular, or the patriots among you, why not go for a national flag!
- Think about the setting up element. It’s all well and good assuming that the person providing the chair covers will set everything up for you but they may assume that the venue will be doing it and vice-versa so it’s well worth checking out or our Ushers could be in for some unexpected tasks!
- If you’re after a particular shade for the table or chair covers, then don’t be afraid to ask. Most suppliers have a huge range available, and some may even be willing to dye existing swatches for a small fee.
- Think about the material. From damask to lace, cotton to satin there are a whole host of material options that can be employed. We appreciate that some may not be to your taste but each to their own, so if you want a leatherette tablecloth for whatever reason then, shop around because we’re sure somewhere out there will be able to provide you with one.
- To save cash, see if you can get multiple items for a single supplier. For example, chair cover providers often supply other linen, so this could save you a small fortune in delivery charges etc.
- Check out any small print. Things can easily get split or broken, so make sure you know exactly how much damages will set you back and budget for at least a couple along the way..
Related: There are hundreds of wedding articles on the site, each filled with superb ideas, advice and inspiration. Check out the links in the left hand column to read more. Alternatively, to search for a local wedding venue, product or service provider, try our Wedding Directory. With over 13,000 companies already listed, you're sure to find what you're looking for.