Top 10 Shots for Capturing Detail
- The Bride's clothes hanging on the wardrobe, on the bedpost, or over a chair (she won't be wearing them at the time!)
- Close-ups of Bride's dress, shoes, accessories etc
- Wedding rings resting on an invitation
- A close up of the Bride and Groom holding hands (spotlight on the rings!)
- Close-ups of Wedding details (stationery, favours, place cards, table settings, champagne glasses, table plan, etc)
- The Guestbook
- The cake atop the cake table (pre-devouring!)
- Bouquet and floral arrangements
- Close up of musicians/musical instruments
- Close up of the Wedding car/transport
Whilst the lists in this article are by no means definitive, hopefully they should provide you with some ideas as to what to get from the photographs. It is a wise idea to prepare your own lists in advance and pass these to your photographer in plenty of time for discussion prior to the day. That said, your photographer will probably capture most of the shots in your lists as a matter of course, but we're sure you'd agree that it is much better to be safe than sorry!
Related: There are hundreds of wedding articles on the site, each filled with superb ideas, advice and inspiration. Check out the links in the left hand column to read more. Alternatively, to search for a local wedding venue, product or service provider, try our Wedding Directory. With over 13,000 companies already listed, you're sure to find what you're looking for.