Wedding Planning Guide Wedding Directory Community MyWeddingsday
  Home » Wedding Planning Guide » Wedding Photography » The Album
Weddingsday Facebook Page


Factors consider when choosing your Wedding Album

Welcome to Weddingsday
Wedding Planning Guide
Wedding Photography
Wedding Photo Options
Choosing Your Photographer
The Perfect Photo
Must Have Shots
Budding Amateurs
The Album
Other Presentation Options
The Engagement
Planning Your Wedding
Themes & Colours
Wedding Ceremonies
The Wedding Reception
Music & Entertainment
Wedding Flowers
The Wedding Dress
Beauty, Hair & Health
Wedding / Bridal Party
Wedding Speeches
Wedding Outfits
Wedding Videography
Wedding Transport
Wedding Stationery
Wedding Cakes
Wedding Rings
Wedding Gifts & Guests
Stags and Hens
The Honeymoon
Honeymoon Destinations
Share Weddingsday

Inside your main album, there are numerous ways in which the photographs could be presented. Different lay-ups, sizes and colours can be used for contrast or, for example, you can simply run a single black and white full size print on each page. Hopefully you will have gathered some thoughts from speaking to various photographers and viewing their albums about what style you would prefer, and it is important to confirm with your chosen photographer that they can fulfil your wishes. Many couples these days are opting for a more candid album, often in a reportage style telling the story of the day from first dawn to sundown. The formal albums are much less common these days, but donít let anyone tell you that an album full of posed shots is a thing of the past Ė if itís what you like, then you go for it. But as we have mentioned, a more candid approach is very popular at the moment, with 90% of the shots being of this nature, with the remaining 10% taken up by the obligatory police line upís after the service!


As a rule of thumb, photographers tend to agree that five formal shots are ideal, although you can of course have more, less or none at all (check out our Must Have Shots article for ideas on this front). Just so you know, the five recommended oneís are:

  • Bride and Groom
  • Bride and Groom with both sets of parents
  • Bride and Groom with the Brideís immediate family
  • Bride and Groom with the Groomís immediate family
  • Bride and Groom with the Best Man, Chief Bridesmaid, Bridesmaid and Ushers (with Page Boys and Flower Girls if applicable)

Hopefully you will now be better aware of the options open to you Ė all you need to do is choose what you would like! Look online, at Wedding Fairís, meet with different photographers, look in magazines and speak to friends and relatives, and donít just take what the first photographer offers you!



Related: There are hundreds of wedding articles on the site, each filled with superb ideas, advice and inspiration. Check out the links in the left hand column to read more. Alternatively, to search for a local wedding venue, product or service provider, try our Wedding Directory. With over 13,000 companies already listed, you're sure to find what you're looking for.


Page 3 of 3
[ First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last ]

Wedding Planning Tools


Wedding Website


Wedding WebsiteAmazon - Wide range of wedding albums at low, low prices. Buy online today

WeddingsdayYour website here? - Find out more / Add your link




Copyright © 2005-2018 Weddingsday Limited - Wedding AlbumSite Managed & Updated by AES Digital Solutions Limited